Swim Australia is Australian Swimming Coaches & Teachers Association (ASCTA) Learn-to-Swim & Water Safety Industry Development division, primarily delivering products, services & professional development programs for Swim Schools. Swim Australia is endorsed by Swimming Australia Ltd (SAL) and the Federal Government’s Active Australia.
Launched in 1997 by the Federal Minister for Sport and Recreation, Swim Australia’s mission is to develop “learn-to-swim” in Australia to its full potential; resulting in all Australians learning swimming and water safety in an enjoyable, safe way.
To this end, Swim Australia:
- Registers Swim Schools that meet industry standards as determined by ASCTA,
- Promotes the many excellent benefits of learning swimming and water safety, and
- Provides the Swim Australia Registered Swim Schools with products, services and professional development programs to significantly enhance their operation.
Swim Australia is a division of the Australian Swimming Coaches and Teachers Association (ASCTA), a non-profit organization.Swim Australia is endorsed by Swimming Australia Ltd (SAL) and the Federal Government’s Active Australia.
Swim Australia aims to:
- To promote learning-to-swim on a national basis, with an emphasis on the life-long health, safety, fun and fitness benefits of swimming.
- To recognise programs teaching swimming that meet prescribed guidelines.
- To aid in the development of the teaching and management expertise of such programs.
- To enhance the viability of such programs
Our island home has long drawn our people to the water enhancing the need for Australians to learn to swim. Swim Australia seeks to encapsulate the health, fitness and safety benefits that follow from learning to swim in a programme which emphasises the joy of swimming.
I congratulate ASCTA for taking the initiative with this programme as it complements the Federal Government’s Active Australia campaign.
Working in partnership with the Australian Sports Commission, Swim Australia offers the potential for a truly national quality assurance programme for learning to swim. I with the ASCTA well in their endeavours”
The Hon Warwick Smith MP Minister for Sport, Territories and Local Government
The Neate Swim School is a registered Swim Australia Swim School
To visit the Swim Australia website click here